Monday, October 22, 2007

I'm updating because I have to!

Lalala, blog time.

Today, I have to talk about how I came to the current developmental stage of my senior thesis animation. I will call this assignment "Shawn's Guided Tour of the Visual Development of [insert title of film here]." I wish I could actually name my film that. Well, I suppose I could, but no one would know what it was about.

My original plan for this film was to do something that related to my heritage and go from there. Being of 100% full-blooded not-interesting-at-all decent, I latched onto my only known interesting old old relatives from Hungary. Or Poland. Great Gramma sometimes decided she was Polish. But yeah, that was boring. Then I decided to go for a sort of old world-ish, 101 Dalmations approach, after drooling over some Peregoy concept art:

This was all well and good, but someone else already made 101 Dalmations, and old world didn't do much for my drawing style, so I decided to update things a bit. I still am relying on Peregoy's color schemes and general feel, though.




These are my old character designs and background ideas:





Okay, Blogger's being a jerk, so I'm going to do another post with all of my new junk. Yay! Very exciting.

No comments: